Jallikattu controversy: Tamil Nadu CM Panneerselvam writes to PM Modi to allow banned 'sport' before Pongal
Queen Elizabeth II health update: Britain's Monarch makes first public appearance after two weeks of acute cold
Hundreds of thousands of barefoot devotees joined a procession in Manila on 9 January, to honour a centuries-old black statue of Jesus Christ. The Black Nazarene, a 17th century icon carved in Mexico, is believed to have healing powers and can grant miracles. The procession has been celebrated for more than 200 years in the Philippiness capital, where around 80 per cent of the population is Roman Catholic.
Jan 9, 2017
Ashley Tellis could be Donald Trump's man in New Delhi, but how much do you know about the Mumbai lad?
- Mysterious UFO spotted in skies of California, conspiracy theorists suspect alien activities
- Chinese Governor displays past Xinjiang terror attack clips, says US Uighur bill violates international law
- Karnataka bypoll results LIVE Updates: People of Karnataka voted for a stable government, says PM Modi
- Citizenship showdown: Amit Shah re-introduces CAB in Lok Sabha; 293 votes for, 82 against tabling of Bill
- Meet Finnish PM Sanna Marin, world's youngest state leader at 34