This video shows the moment suspected Kurdish separatists detonated a car bomb in the coastal city of Izmir after being stopped at a checkpoint.The blast killed a police officer and a courthouse employee, and wounded 10 others. Police shot dead two attackers, and are looking for a third.Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Veysi Kaynak said a much larger attack was apparently being planned based on the weapons found at the scene. He also said the attack would not stop Turkeys military involvement in Syria and Iraq.Authorities have already been conducting raids across the city earlier this week in a hunt for suspects related to the new year attack on an Istanbul nightclub that left 39 dead.
Jan 6, 2017
Tokyo has defended Toyota Motor Corporation, saying that Japanese carmakers have and will continue to contribute to employment in the US. This comes after President-elect Donald Trump singled out the automaker and threatened to slap punitive tariffs on its Mexico-built cars.Trump has repeatedly hit out at US companies for using lower-cost factories abroad at the expense of jobs at home. He has slammed US automakers, including Ford which this week scrapped a planned $1.6bn (£1.3bn) Mexico plant.
Jan 6, 2017
Shashi Tharoor detained in Kerala for leading protest against notes ban; released after brief detention
Beyonce, Oprah lead star brigade at Obama's farewell party, as Donald Trump struggles to find celebrities for his inauguration
2G spectrum scam: SC threatens to take away Aircel 2G spectrum, licence over absence of Maxis bosses
2 hours ago
- Violinist Balabhaskar critically injured, daughter killed in road accident
- Nibiru or Sun's reflection? Red second Sun glowing behind clouds sparks imminent apocalypse fear
- Maldives throws out pro-China president: Opposition's election win a blow to Beijing's debt trap policy?
- SC verdict on plea to debar 'criminals' from electoral politics on Tuesday
- Fake News? Time traveler claims future US president was born a week ago, but where?