Early projections indicate Centrist Emmanuel Macron and far-right leader Marine Le Pen are set to face each other in a 7 May runoff for the French presidency.
Apr 24, 2017
MCD Elections 2017 round-up: Low voter turnout may help BJP; AAP complains of EVM malfunctions and missing names
The polls have opened for the first round of the French presidential election. More than 47 million people are eligible to cast vote in the closely-contested election.Far-right Le Pen, the conservative Fillion, far-left Mélenchon and liberal centrist Macron are seen as frontrunners. Candidates must win more than 50% of votes to become president. If there is no winner, the two candidates with the most votes will face each other in a second round on 7 May.On Saturday, French expats began the voting abroad outside of France. The results of the election are expected to be confirmed at around midnight.
Apr 23, 2017
BJP MLA leads rampage on police in Agra, a day after new UP DGP Sulkhan Singh promises action against goondaism
To celebrate Earth Day 2017, Nasa has released a video with the best footage taken by cameras on the International Space Station.Sit back and relax as stunning views of mountains, rivers and deserts glide past, filmed from high above the clouds.
Apr 23, 2017
- HAL Tejas vs Pakistan-China's JF-17: Will India's LCA emerge as the favourite for Malaysia deal?
- India's defence manufacturing get big boost as Chile shows interest to buy BrahMos missile
- Andhra candidates declare crores of assets while filing for nomination ahead of 2019 Lok Sabha elections
- Here's all you need to know about IAF's game-changing Chinook helicopters [VIDEO]
- Imran Khan asks Pakistanis to pray that cash-strapped nation discovers oil reserves in ongoing drilling