More than 140 people have been killed in floods in Sri Lanka. Caused by the worst torrential rains since 2003, half a million people have been affected by the floods. Many had to flee to evacuation centres or shelter on higher ground. Aid had to be delivered by helicopter to cut-off areas. May is the beginning of the wet season in Sri Lanka which lasts until September.
May 28, 2017
Sri Lanka floods: Thankfully, Indian media did not go on a PR overdrive as it had during Nepal quake
Jammu and Kashmir: One army porter killed, another injured as Pak violates ceasefire in Keran sector
Kashmir unrest: Curfew imposed in parts of Srinagar after killing of Burhan Wani's 'successor' Sabzar Bhat
All British Airways flights from Heathrow and Gatwick were cancelled on 27 May after a major IT system failure disrupted the companys flight schedule worldwide. Passengers were told to leave the airport because there were no facilities available to rebook flights. As people tried to leave the terminal an impressive queue formed at the exit as this video shows.
May 27, 2017
Around 1,100 hunger-striking Palestinian prisoners ended their 40-day fast. They reached a compromise with Israel on additional family visits. Israel agreed to allow the inmates a second family visit each per month. 18 prisoners are being treated in hospital because of the hunger strike.Palestinians rallied behind the hunger strikers as national heroes. More than 6,000 Palestinians are currently in prison for offences linked to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
May 27, 2017
Election Commission responds to AAP letter: Never promised 'no-holds barred' EVM hackathon challenge
- Horrifying video! Muslim family in Gurugram beaten up with iron rods by 40 men
- Student answers exam the epic way, with due references to Baahubali, KGF; goes viral
- Watch | Stage collapses at BJP event in Uttar Pradesh; what happens next is horrifying
- Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena announces 3rd list for Lok Sabha elections in Andhra Pradesh
- WATCH: Srinagar's SMHS Hospital leaves terminal cancer patient without stitches after surgery