Kanpur building collapse: 4 dead, several feared trapped as Army and NDRF assist in rescue operations
President Donald Trump, on 31 January, nominated Neil Gorsuch for a lifetime job on the U.S. Supreme Court, picking the 49-year-old federal appeals court judge to restore the courts conservative majority and help shape rulings on divisive issues such as abortion, gun control, the death penalty and religious rights.Gorsuch is the youngest nominee to the nations highest court in more than a quarter century, and he could influence the direction of the court for decades. Gorsuch is a judge on the Denver-based 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals and was appointed to that post by Republican President George W. Bush in 2006. Some Democrats in the U.S. Senate, which votes on whether to confirm judicial nominees, have already said they would seek to block whoever Trump nominates. Gorsuch is considered a conservative intellectual, known for backing religious rights, and is seen as very much in the mould of Antonin Scalia, a leading conservative voice on the court for decades
Feb 1, 2017
There have been four deaths in the sub-zero temperatures at the Moria refugee camp on Lesbos.
Feb 1, 2017
Delhi: Disaster averted at IGI Airport after IndiGo flight enters runway having another plane due to 'low visibility'
Jaitley Budget 2017 speech: Read the full text of Finance Minister's 'Transform, Energise and Clean India' agenda
So what if it's an international book fair in Kolkata? Mamata's Trinamool accepts only cash at its stall; a protest against demonetisation?
Union Budget 2017: FM Arun Jaitley limits cash donation amounts to political parties inspired by Obama, proposes electoral bonds
- Apple iOS 12: Screen Time, Siri shortcuts and more [How to install on iPhones, iPads, iPod]
- Trump imposes new tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods
- ISRO's PSLV-C42 launches 2 UK satellites into space making it first ever night launch
- Arjuna Awards 2018: Full list of athletes recommended for prestigious honour
- Air India pilot averts major disaster; lands plane with 370 people despite multiple system failure, low fuel
- 16-year-old gang-raped by classmates in Dehradun boarding school; probe underway
- Sheena Bora case: Indrani and Peter Mukerjea file for divorce after 16 years of marriage
- Quick Response: High Court calls Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan's bluff on salary challenge
- Paint industry witnesses 15% growth in sales despite decline in Indian rupee