Mexicos Colima or Fire volcano erupted once again on Sunday (1 November), as its period of activity rolls on. There were five explosions from between 8.00am and 11.48am local time. Ash emanating from the volcano reached as high as 1,500 metres into the sky.
Nov 2, 2015
Science & Health
Mexicos Popocatepetl volcano erupted on Thursday (29 October), belching ash and smoke across blue skies, authorities reported. A spectacular column of ash erupted from the volcano at 8.57am local time. The volcano is located 50 miles southeast of the capital, Mexico City.
Oct 30, 2015
Chiles Atacama Desert has turned into a mauve-coloured carpet of flowers following a downpour of rain from the countrys north that has seen the normally arid region turn to a psychedelic wonderland of shades of purple. This phenomenon takes place every five to seven years but this is the most spectacular blossoming the region has seen in the past 18 years.
Oct 29, 2015
- Hormone-eating macrophages behind high blood pressure, finds new study
- Bernard b, nearest exoplanet found; Alien life possible there, say Spanish astrophysicists
- Khardung La avalanche: 4 killed, 7 trapped under snow in Ladakh
- China's Chang'e-4 sprouts cotton plant on Moon, and now its dead
- Existence of alien life is something we can never cover up, says NASA official