Science & Health
New Delhi, Dec 08 (ANI): Natural substance found in red wine, Resveratrol, inhibits the formation of inflammatory factors that generates cardiovascular diseases. Resveratrol, present in red wine, has a protective effect against heart diseases. Cardiovascular disorders, such as myocardial infarction and strokes, frequently occur in association with chronic inflammatory diseases, such as arthritis. The natural substance resveratrol thus has major therapeutic potential, particularly when it comes to the treatment of inflammatory diseases that can cause serious damage to the cardiovascular system.
Dec 8, 2014
New Delhi, Dec 08 (ANI): Nutrition experts have revealed how one can stick to their diet and still remain in shape. During the holidays, it can get extremely busy and stressful and we tend to overindulge so it is important to keep active.If people know they have evening engagements, then can try exercising or walking in the morning. Exercise can help expend extra calories that they may be taking in but more importantly it helps to reduce stress and increases energy. A 30-minute walk or easy bike ride is indeed a great way to keep active and reduce stress or one should aim for either high-intensity interval training or resistance training. This might include running fast for one minute, followed by two minutes of walking that they repeat 10-15 times or lifting weights to get stronger. These exercises have been shown to improve metabolism, fat loss and muscle gain.
Dec 8, 2014
2 hours ago
- Fifa World Cup 2018 live stream: Watch Japan, Poland Group H matches on TV, online
- Royal family upset with Meghan Markle over her father's surprise interview?
- "What's the problem if a widow gets remarried?" says Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
- Netflix dismissed chief PR officer Jonathan Friedland for using N-word
- Final images and videos from the Rosetta mission show what it is like to crash on a comet
- Blood Moon: July 27 total lunar eclipse will be the longest one of the 21st century
- City Killers? NASA gears up as more than a million asteroids pose threat to Earth
- Are we the only intelligent species in observable universe? Possibly, says new research
- How cancer progresses? New tech can map it real-time