Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta launched the standard gauge railways (SGR) first cargo train following its transferal from China. The train transported goods loaded from Mombasa port.The construction of the SGR was initiated in Dec 2014 by CRBC. It has a length of 480km and is the first overseas SGR entirely meeting Chinese standards. The final completion of the SGR is believed to be a win-win achievement for China-Africa cooperation under the framework of Belt and Road Initiative.
May 31, 2017
Science & Health
World No Tobacco Day 2017: Beating tobacco for health, prosperity, environment and national development
A bizarre faceless fish has been found during a voyage to one of the deepest parts of the ocean ever visited. Pulled up for the Australias eastern abyss, the strange creature is only the second specimen of the species ever to be found, the first found in 1873 in the waters off Papua New Guinea.
May 31, 2017
Eleven people were reportedly killed and many more injured when a severe storm hammered the Moscow metropolitan area on Monday, May 29, uprooting trees and stripping roofs. Thousands were left without electricity as fallen trees cut power lines.A resident in Lobnya, north of Moscow, filmed debris flying through the air from his balcony as the storm passed over.
May 30, 2017
China's new space telescope will scan Milky Way to unearth secrets that are probably still unknown to NASA
Saifuddin Soz's comment on Kashmir's independence draws flak from BJP, Congress says not party's viewpoint31 minutes ago
- Woman notices a lump moving around her face and you cannot imagine what it was
- Mars storm update - NASA upgrades it to 'Planet Encircling'; Spells doom for Opportunity rover
- Addiction explained: Here's why the brain chooses alcohol over healthier alternatives
- Yoga and meditation may lead to an inflated ego, study says
- Rare celestial trio spotted: Photographer captures green fireball, moon and Venus in same frame