Science & Health
End of the Great Barrier Reef? Second mass bleaching means Earth's greatest natural wonder may never recover
A greater one-horned rhinoceros charged a truck and elephants after being released into Nepal’s Shuklaphanta National Park.Video from WWF Nepal shows the Indian rhino attacking a specially built truck used to transport him from Chitwan National Park to its new home in the far west of Nepal. The Nepali government and WWF Nepal plan to relocate five rhinos to the Shuklaphanta reserve to boost its existing population of 10 rhinos. WWF Nepal said in a statement that 250 people and 30 elephants were involved in the relocation.
Apr 6, 2017
A woman gave birth to a baby girl on 4 April as she was rescued from the flooded region of Piura, in northern Peru. Maria Pingo was rescued by troops and gave birth during the flight as she was being taken to the Lambayeque Regional Hospital in Chiclayo. Continuing floods and mudslides have killed more than 100 people and left tens of thousands homeless since the start of the year.
Apr 6, 2017
- What is Sirenomelia? Indian baby with mermaid feature dies minutes after birth
- Anita Sengupta, brain behind NASA's Curiosity rover landing, helps create coldest spot in universe
- Was India once an alien hotspot? 10,000-year-old rock paintings say so
- New evidence suggests the existence of 'Planet Nine' somewhere beyond Pluto
- Triangular UFO spotted in England, Is it the secretive TR-3B or an alien spaceship?