Jakartas Christian governor, Basuki Tjahaja Purnama, popularly known as Ahok, was found guilty of blasphemy against Islam and sentenced to two years in jail on 9 May. The trial was seen as a test of religious tolerance in Indonesia, the worlds largest Muslim-majority nation.
May 9, 2017
Pope Francis has visited Egypt three weeks after at least 45 people died in Isis attacks there. He laid flowers at Cairos largest Coptic cathedral, the scene of an attack last December. Francis was accompanied by the Coptic Pope Tawadros II.10% of Egyptians are Christian Copts, who were targeted in several attacks in the last months. During the two-day trip, Francis called for peace between Christians and Muslims in Egypt.
Apr 29, 2017
Jammu and Kahsmir: Farooq Abdullah insults security forces again, says mention of Kupwara martyrs insults Muslims
Do not politicise Triple Talaq issue: PM Modi urges Muslim community on the occasion of Basava Jayanti
- Upcoming Blood Moon in January could mark beginning of apocalypse, claims Christian pastor
- Astronomer captures UFO flying above moon's surface; alien debate on (VIDEO)
- Mumbai hospital fire: Death toll rises to 8; ESIC Kamgar Hospital operated without fire NOC
- After Nostradamus, Baba Vanga's predictions for 2019 go viral online
- After J&K govt's ban on traditional wear in offices, Kashmiris are hitting back with #PheranLove