Holi, the festival of colours, celebrates the triumph of good over evil and the beginning of the spring season and the end of the winter season.
The festival is celebrated annually on the full moon day in the Hindu month of Falgun. This festival is majorly celebrated in the northern parts of India. People celebrate it with fervour by applying bright colours on each other.
The spring festival is also a thanksgiving for a good harvest. The festivities are spread out over two days with the first day known as 'Choti Holi'.
In Hindu mythology, Holi is celebrated as the day when the demon Hiranyakashyap wanted to be the only god everyone worshipped. He also wanted to be immortal. However, his son, Prahlad, a devotee of Lord Vishnu, refused to worship him which enraged Hiranyakashyap. the demon god asked his sister Holika to set Prahlad on fire. However, due to Prahlad's devotion, he was saved by Lord Vishnu while Holika burnt to death.
Here are some wishes to send to your loved ones on the day which signifies good over evil as well as new beginnings
- Life is full of colours, maybe this Holi adds even more colours to your life. Wish you and your family a very Happy Holi!
- May all the colours of the rainbow bless your life. Happy Holi!
- Let this Holi take away all your worries and fill your life with all you wish for. Happy Holi!
- Holi is the perfect day to strengthen the bond of every relationship and get closer. Never let the chance waste in vain and enjoy the festival to its fullest! Happy Holi!
- Burn all negativity and bring all positivity in life. Celebrate this Holi with vibrant colours. Happy Holi!