United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres warned that those not contributing to the Paris climate agreement would be left behind. He spoke on 30 May, before US President Donald Trump announced the United States would be leaving the climate treaty. The edited version of the video called Get on board or get left behind shows images of environmental dangers and was uploaded after Trumps announcement.
Jun 3, 2017
Craig Mackinlay, the Conservative candidate for South Thanet, has been charged by the Crown Prosecution Service over his 2015 election expenses. In the last general election, Mackinlay beat then Ukip leader Nigel Farage in the Kent constituency.
Jun 2, 2017
Paris climate agreement: Decoding Donald Trump's #USExit; is United States retreating because of foreign policy fatigue?
Donald Trump has confirmed that he will withdraw the US from the Paris climate agreement, in effect ensuring the worlds second largest emitter of greenhouse gases will quit the international effort to address dangerous global warming. The US will remove itself from the deal, joining Syria and Nicaragua as the only countries not party to the Paris agreement. There will be no penalty for leaving, with the Paris deal based upon the premise of voluntary emissions reductions by participating countries.
Jun 2, 2017
- Coronavirus outbreak: 119 Indians evacuated from virus-hit cruise ship in Japan, land in New Delhi
- Caught on camera: Telangana cop kicks grieving father of 16-year-old who died in college
- Retired army officer chops wife into 300 pieces, gets life imprisonment
- IAF changes firing protocol to ensure video feed of future Balakot-style op
- Saudi Arabia temporarily bans entry for Umrah pilgrimage amid COVID-19 outbreak