New Delhi, Jan 8 (ANI): Scientists have claimed that the benefits that premature infants gain from skin-to-skin contact with their mothers is measurable even 10 years after birth. In a new study, Dr. Ruth Feldman, a Professor at Bar-Ilan University, and her team studied the impact of different levels of physical contact on prematurely born infants. Specifically, the researchers compared standard incubator care to a novel intervention called " Kangaroo Care" (KC), which uses the mother's body heat to keep their babies warm.
Jan 8, 2014
E-Cigarettes can Make your Little One Sick: Children Falling Critically Ill after Ingesting E- Liquid
New Delhi, Jan 1 (ANI): Married people are much happier with their personal levels of success than others, who are just in relationships, a new poll has found. A Happiness Poll of 2,000 adults, by GE, found that more than 52 per cent were happy or very happy with their level of success, however, for people married or in a civil partnership, the figure went up to 60 per cent.
Jan 1, 2014
New Delhi, Jan 1 (ANI): Researchers have found that one night of sleep depravity can cause morning blood concentrations of molecules NSE and S-100B to increase in healthy young men. These molecules are typically found in the brain. Thus, their rise in blood after sleep loss may indicate that a lack of snoozing might be conducive to a loss of brain tissue.
Jan 1, 2014
13 hours ago
- Hate crime: Sikh attacked in US; had his beard pulled, face punched and kicked around
- Czech defence minister to attend Aero India in Bengaluru: PM Andrej Babis
- 'We will not let Kangana Ranaut walk freely in Maharashtra', threatens Karni Sena on release of Manikarnika
- Get ready for Sunday night's 'supermoon' total lunar eclipse
- Hormone-eating macrophages behind high blood pressure, finds new study
- Planetary alignment to be blamed? Magnitude 6.7 earthquake jolts Chile
- China's Chang'e-4 sprouts cotton plant on Moon, and now its dead
- Khardung La avalanche: 4 killed, 7 trapped under snow in Ladakh
- Bernard b, nearest exoplanet found; Alien life possible there, say Spanish astrophysicists