Bank of England Governor Mark Carney said on 19 January that he did not have a set timetable for raising British interest rates and wanted to see faster growth and stronger underlying inflation first. Carney said global and domestic growth had proved weaker than he had expected in the middle of the year, when he predicted that a decision on when to raise interest rates would have come into sharper relief by early 2016.
Jan 19, 2016
Chinese stock trading was halted on the first day of trading in 2016 after the CSI 300 Index plunged more than 7 percent.
Jan 4, 2016
Banks to consider soft loan for housing, vehicles, crop damage, says Jaitley after meeting Jayalalithaa
- Can Mukesh Ambani's Reliance use Chinese example for Venezuela oil trade?
- Nirav Modi to be extradited to India? UK court issues arrest warrant against fugitive diamantaire
- Mukesh and Anil Ambani: A storied billionaire sibling rivalry is finally ending?
- Anil Ambani invokes 'family values' after elder brother Mukesh saves him from jail
- Delhi's IGI airport grows fastest in World's top 20 hubs, surpasses Frankfurt to become 12th busiest