UK banks have been pretty bad boys, caught out for a succession of PPI scandals.
Oct 6, 2015
Bank of England Governor Mark Carney said on 29 September that climate change threatens global financial stability and prosperity.
Sep 30, 2015
The end of 2015 could finally see a rate hike from the US Federal Reserve, almost nine years after it signalled a regime of low rates in order to help global growth. The Feds chair Janet Yellen on Thursday 24 September, said she was confident of a US recovery amid a sluggish global economy and reiterated plans to withdraw the central banks extraordinary stimulus by year-end as long as inflation was stable and employment levels remained strong.
Sep 25, 2015
The European Central Bank (ECB) raised its emergency funding for Greek banks slightly on 16 July, in a step to help banks partially reopen after euro zone governments agreed in principle to grant Athens a new three-year loan.
Jul 16, 2015
The European Commission proposed to give Greece a €7bn (£4.92, $7.7bn) bridge loan to cover the countrys financing needs in July using the European Financial Stability Mechanism (EFSM).
Jul 15, 2015
The head of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) has said it plans to invest up to $1bn in Ukraine this year, including in the gas sector, provided real reforms are implemented.
Jul 3, 2015
Banking source says only 40% of cash machines in country have money in them.
Jun 30, 2015
Whether Greece stays in the Eurozone or not I believe you should invest in Eurozone stocks.
Jun 24, 2015
Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis said on Thursday (18 June) the euro zone was dangerously close to a state of mind that accepts an accident. He also slammed other ministers whom he said did not want to discuss his proposal to set up an automatic break on the countrys public deficit.
Jun 19, 2015
- Watch BSP MP Rakesh Pandey's son brandish a gun outside Hyatt hotel in Delhi [Video]
- #MeToo: Union Minister MJ Akbar to have 6 lawyers and not 97, confirms law firm
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana: Govt wants Telangana to return Rs 190 cr after it fails to meet PM's housing targets
- #MeToo: MJ Akbar returns to India; will issue statement on sexual harassment allegations
- Ominous predictions for rupee: 80 against dollar by year's end and a plunge to 100 later
- Sovereign gold bonds fixed at Rs 3146 per gram; all you need to know
- Flipkart races ahead of Amazon in festive season sale
- India ranked 58th most competitive economy in WEF index; US tops the list
- Zomato secures $210 million from Alibaba's payment affiliate Ant Financial