The European Union risks pricing itself out of the global economy by excessive regulation, Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne said on Wednesday (20 May), making the case for reforms in the bloc ahead of a referendum on whether Britain remains a member.
May 21, 2015
A British government-backed review released on Thursday (14 May) is seeking billions of dollars to fund the development of 15 new antibiotics to counter antibiotic resistance.
May 15, 2015
Australias conservative government delivered budget proposals on Tuesday (12 May) that were light on radical reform but heavy on pledges to return to surplus, playing it safe politically after the disastrous reaction to last years budget.
May 13, 2015
Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis said on 24 April that talks with his euro zone peers had improved over the past few weeks.
Apr 24, 2015
One of Japans megabanks Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi showcased a robot bank teller on 13 April at its downtown Tokyo branch in the hope that the multilingual robot will help foreign customers during the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.
Apr 13, 2015
Union Budget 2015: 'India is about to take off,' Says Jaitley Delivering His Maiden Full-Year Budget Focused On Growth
- Centre sour as sugar exporters miss target by wide margin
- More trouble for Jet Airways as Nikos Kardassis, tasked to turn around carrier, leaves
- IL&FS crisis: Debt-laden group to sell luxury cars, office furniture to raise funds
- French aerospace contractor Thales to hire 2,000 engineers for Bangalore centre
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai explains why searching 'idiot' turns up Donald Trump's images