UK banks have been pretty bad boys, caught out for a succession of PPI scandals.
Oct 6, 2015
Bank of England Governor Mark Carney said on 29 September that climate change threatens global financial stability and prosperity.
Sep 30, 2015
The end of 2015 could finally see a rate hike from the US Federal Reserve, almost nine years after it signalled a regime of low rates in order to help global growth. The Feds chair Janet Yellen on Thursday 24 September, said she was confident of a US recovery amid a sluggish global economy and reiterated plans to withdraw the central banks extraordinary stimulus by year-end as long as inflation was stable and employment levels remained strong.
Sep 25, 2015
The European Central Bank (ECB) raised its emergency funding for Greek banks slightly on 16 July, in a step to help banks partially reopen after euro zone governments agreed in principle to grant Athens a new three-year loan.
Jul 16, 2015
The European Commission proposed to give Greece a €7bn (£4.92, $7.7bn) bridge loan to cover the countrys financing needs in July using the European Financial Stability Mechanism (EFSM).
Jul 15, 2015
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai explains why searching 'idiot' turns up Donald Trump's images
- Nifty and Sensex end higher after swift change of guard at RBI
- Oil prices rise as OPEC-led supply cuts expected to stabilize markets
- Urjit Patel's tenure was haunted by Raghuram Rajan's record on institutional integrity
- IMF chief economist throws his weight behind Narendra Modi