SeaWorld announced plans on Monday (9 November) to phase out the signature orca whale show at its San Diego park next year, after long-running criticism of its treatment of the captive marine mammals. The move, which follows a vote by the California Coastal Commission last month barring the park from continuing to breed killer whales, or orcas, in captivity, was announced during a webcast company presentation to investors and the media.
Nov 10, 2015
- Ashok Leyland stock turmoil seen only in the short term
- Jet Airways to sell 6 Boeing 777 aircraft in a bid to fly out of debt turbulence
- Merger of Jet Airways and Tata SIA Airlines on cards as talks pick up pace
- Vodafone Idea posts quarterly loss, to raise $3.5 billion
- RBI, FinMin unlikely to be influenced by IMF's change of heart towards cryptocurrencies