This video shows a virtual reality developed to help Valery Spiridonov – a Russian man suffering from Werdnig-Hoffman disease – practice having a functional body before he undergoes the first ever head transplant operation. The 31-year-old is in a wheelchair due to the muscle-wasting disease. This VR system, created by Inventum Bioengineering Technologies, will help Spiridonov adjust to his new life before the operation takes place. This is to try to reduce the psychological impact of having his head attached to someone else’s body.
Nov 21, 2016
Domestic air traffic: How IndiGo, Jet Airways, SpiceJet, Air India, Go Air, AirAsia India, Vistara performed in October
Evening wrap: I-T raid on Janardhana Reddy's firm, non-bailable warrant against Mallya, Selena Gomez sizzles in red and more
- Mukesh Ambani to foray into aviation sector? May buy stake in Jet, bailout Maharaja
- Anil Ambani's RCom in limbo as deal with Mukesh's Jio snaps; court cases drag on
- Reliance to sell 25% in refining business to Aramco to pare Rs 3 lakh crore debt?
- SpiceJet to give hiring preference to employees of Jet Airways: Chairman
- 40,000 for Sensex, 12,000 for Nifty clear possibility before elections end