As many American women prepare to draw attention to their role in the workplace, a Wall Street firm on Tuesday (7 March) put up a statue of a girl in front of Lower Manhattans well-known bronze charging bull, as if to fearlessly stare it down.Placing the diminutive, grade school-aged girl in front of the massive bull on the eve of International Womens Day was a way of calling attention to the lack of gender diversity on corporate boards and the pay gap of women working in financial services, a spokeswoman for State Street Global Advisors said.
Mar 9, 2017
Celebrate International Womens Day by revisiting some of the biggest achievements by women in past 100 years, from gaining the right to vote in 1918, to Hillary Clinton becoming the first female presidential candidate for a major US political party in 2016.
Mar 8, 2017
Rather than buy a US stock fund or ETF, UK-based investors could instead invest in a number of UK-listed companies that have substantial operations or exposure to the US.
Mar 8, 2017
IBTimes UK attempts to predict what Hammond has been planning in Number 11.
Mar 7, 2017
- With 1,300 jobs on offer, India remains Amazon's jobs hot spot
- Sensex weekly gain at 378 pts; Reliance up 4.5% on day, Sun Pharma down 9%
- Will Modi govt's e-commerce policy help Reliance beat Amazon and Flipkart?
- Etihad Airways to invest in debt-laden Jet Airways at discounted Rs 150 per share
- Railways to cut down on Electricity cost, plans to invest in solar power units along tracks