The United States on Saturday (May 20) announced military deals worth nearly $110 billion, during a visit by President Donald Trump to Saudi Arabia. Business leaders on both sides were keen to demonstrate their talks had been a success, so there was an element of showmanship in the huge numbers.
May 20, 2017
GST rate on capital goods no game changer; impact on L&T, ABB, BHEL, Siemens, Thermax seen as minimal
Mark Zuckerberg released video on 18 May of the moment he learned of his acceptance into Harvard University, where he later developed and founded Facebook. Zuckerberg said he released the video, filmed by his dad, ahead of his return to Harvard to receive his honorary degree. In the footage, he is seen in his bedroom opening an email from Harvard while dressed in his pyjamas.Yay, I got accepted, a teenage Zuckerberg says softly, before his father Edward Zuckerberg begins cheering.In the comments section on the Facebook post Zuckerberg provided some insight into the video.Before I went to college, my mom bet me Id drop out and my younger sister bet me shed finish college before me. I bet them Id get a degree. Now I suppose the cycle is complete, he wrote.
May 19, 2017
The US Treasury department announced on May 19 new sanctions on Venezuelan officials for alleged human rights abuses. The news comes as the month-long protests and deadly clashes continued against President Nicolas Maduros government.
May 19, 2017
- Kerala nun rape case: Jalandhar Bishop Mulakkal arrested in Kochi after intense three-day questioning
- IKEA Hyderabad in big trouble after customer finds bug in chocolate cake
- Injured Jet Airways passenger threatens to upload flight video if demands aren't met
- Mayawati- Ajit Jogi alliance leaves Congress hanging ahead of Chhattisgarh elections
- Yes Bank shares dip almost 34%; record-low since market debut
- Amid trade war, Trump admin slaps Chinese military with sanctions for Russian fighter jets, missiles deal
- Delhi HC rejects plea to disclose formula behind fuel pricing
- Black Friday that wasn't: Sensex, Nifty crash in jerky trade as NBFCs face rout
- Bengaluru pips Singapore as top destination for tech companies, startups in Asia