US Olympic gold medal winning swimmer Natalie Coughlin expressed support for Maria Sharapova after the Russian tennis player made a public admission of a failed drug test on 7 March. Coughlin, a twelve-time Olympic medallist, in Los Angeles for a United States Olympic Committee media event, said she thought Sharapova did the right thing in making a public announcement.
Mar 8, 2016
Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova, the highest-paid woman in sports, said on 7 March that she failed a drug test at the Australian Open due to a substance she has been taking for 10 years for health issues.
Mar 8, 2016
Maria Sharapova positive drug test: Capriati slams Russian, says she should be stripped of all titles
- Mohammed Bhai, accused by Shami's wife Hasin Jahan of match-fixing, reveals details
- Pakistani model Alishba, Mohammed Shami did 'dirty things' in Dubai: Hasin Jahan
- Mohammed Shami's wife Hasin Jahan 'only wished for money', says bowler's uncle
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Player profile of record-breaking Real Madrid forward
- Mohammed Shami's wife Hasin Jahan denies making match-fixing allegation, discusses gang rape