New Delhi, Jan 24 (ANI): While it is believed that eating an orange is better than having orange juice, scientists have explained in a new study that it may not be that clear. Although juice is indeed high in sugar, the scientists found that certain nutrients in orange juice might be easier for the body to absorb than when a person consumes them from unprocessed fruit.The researchers found that the production of pasteurized orange juice slightly lowered the levels of carotenoids and vitamin C.Oranges are packed with nutrients such as carotenoids and flavonoids that, among other benefits, can potentially help lower a person's risk for certain cancers and cardiovascular disease. But many people prefer to drink a glass of orange juice rather than eat the fruit.
Jan 24, 2015
New Delhi, Jan 24 (ANI): A new study claims that health awareness campaigns fail to help obesity cases as people still make their eating choices based on just taste, and tend to avoid healthy food due to same. Despite a recent trend toward healthy eating behaviors, many consumers still tend to over-consume unhealthy foods because of two facts that work in combination.Unhealthy is widely associated with being tasty, and taste is the main driver of food decisions. According to the research policy planners must find ways to make healthy foods more appealing, by improving the actual taste as well as the packaging and marketing, and by investing in social campaigns which work on consumer's emotions and encourage a sense that healthy eating is 'cool' and prestigious. Overall, a holistic approach is urgently needed to find mutually beneficial strategies to combat the world's alarming obesity epidemic
Jan 24, 2015
- Mystery behind the origin of 3,000-year-old 'alien' Paracas skulls revealed by DNA testing
- Fossilized aliens on Mars: Expert stuns with statement on crystal-shaped features discovered on red planet
- New gene-editing CRISPR tools can detect and repair Zika, dengue, sickle-cell disease in human genome
- Scientists discover 'aging clock' that can predict when you're likely to die [Exclusive]
- Scientists create new form of light: Will real-life Star Wars lightsabers be a reality?