Chana dal - 1 cup
Salt to taste
A litttle Water (If required)
Oil for frying
Oil - 1 tbsp
Onion - 3 chopped
Green chilli - 2 thinly sliced
Fennel seeds- 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon stick, Cloves,
Bay leaf & Cardamom
Garlic - 6 to 7 cloves chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Sambar powder - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
A few Chopped Coriander leaves
A few Curry leaves
1. Soak the Channa dal for 3 hours & drain the water.
2. In a mixer jar add soaked channa dal, salt, a little water & grind into a coarse mixture.
3. Flatten coarse mixture & deep fry it & keep aside.
4. Next step is making the curry, In a deep pan add oil, cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leaf, cardamom, fennel seeds, onion, green chilli, garlic, curry leaves & saute it for a few minutes.
5. Add turmeric powder, sambar powder, salt & mix it.
6. Now its time to add fried vada by breaking it. Pour enough water & cook it for about 15 to 20 minutes in a medium flame.
7. Boil until the vadas gets soft and gets absorbed well in the gravy. Stir in such a way to mash it if needed to get a thick curry. Garnish with coriander leaves and curry leaves.
8. If you like a gravy consistency don't reduce it too much you can turn off the stove in that point. The healthier option is steamed the vada instDec 11, 2014
Doctors treating Heena Mustaqeem Khan, at the Saifee Hospital in Charni Road, said on Wednesday that her left cornea is completely damaged and needs an operation to prevent the spreading of the infection.Dec 11, 2014
New Delhi, Dec 08 (ANI): Natural substance found in red wine, Resveratrol, inhibits the formation of inflammatory factors that generates cardiovascular diseases. Resveratrol, present in red wine, has a protective effect against heart diseases. Cardiovascular disorders, such as myocardial infarction and strokes, frequently occur in association with chronic inflammatory diseases, such as arthritis. The natural substance resveratrol thus has major therapeutic potential, particularly when it comes to the treatment of inflammatory diseases that can cause serious damage to the cardiovascular system.Dec 8, 2014
A team of researchers from the University of Granada in Spain has found that antioxidants in juices of citrus fruits were 10 times higher than what was estimated earlier and recommended the necessity to revise health professionals' tables on the antioxidant capacities of food products.Dec 8, 2014
New Delhi, Dec 08 (ANI): Nutrition experts have revealed how one can stick to their diet and still remain in shape. During the holidays, it can get extremely busy and stressful and we tend to overindulge so it is important to keep active.If people know they have evening engagements, then can try exercising or walking in the morning. Exercise can help expend extra calories that they may be taking in but more importantly it helps to reduce stress and increases energy. A 30-minute walk or easy bike ride is indeed a great way to keep active and reduce stress or one should aim for either high-intensity interval training or resistance training. This might include running fast for one minute, followed by two minutes of walking that they repeat 10-15 times or lifting weights to get stronger. These exercises have been shown to improve metabolism, fat loss and muscle gain.Dec 8, 2014