We're playing with the Nokia Lumia 920 and the obvious has happened. We ran the Lumia 920 and the iPhone 5 through a small video recording session at the launch event and measured for the effectivenes of Nokia's new Optical Image Stabilization System along with each phone's ability to adapt to changing light, their prowess in shooting low light conditions and how close they could get to a subject. See the video for the results!
Jan 11, 2013
The Nokia Lumia 920 has an 8.7MP rear camera and a 1.2MP front-facing camera. Its camera sports a floating-lens technology and offers optical image stabilization which is a first for smartphones. The camera gives you two interesting features called Smart Shoot and Cinemagraph.
Many times, specially in very crowded places or tourist hotspots, while clicking photographs, you end up capturing a random stranger who just passes between the camera and the subject. With the Smart Shoot, the Lumia phone detects any motion in the frame, and selects the area which can be removed from the frame.
Cinemagraph basically allows you to animate your images - it is like a glorified GIF. Glorified because you can adjust the areas that you want to be animated. Quite a nifty feature.
Jan 11, 2013
This is an ultrabook, that also attempts to offer the flexibility of a tablet. As an ultrabook, this device is fantastic. As for the attempt at being a tablet, not so much. But a rather interesting idea nonetheless.
Jan 7, 2013
9 hours ago
- Shocking: Deepika Padukone confesses being a part of drug chat WhatsApp group; denies consumption
- Anushka Sharma Vs Sunil Gavsakar: How Virat Kohli's poor performance triggered the debate on 'sexism'
- Shocking: Rakul Preet Singh confesses being part of 'drug chat' with Rhea Chakraborty; denies consuming it
- Samsung launches Galaxy S20 FE in 6 vibrant colours: Price, specs, availability
- Microsoft is buying makers of Fallout, The Elder Scrolls; what it means
- IPhone 12 launch date confirmed; Apple's 2020 flagships could arrive on Oct 13
- Twitter creates custom like animation for tweets with #WearAMask; people love it
- Twitter being sued for promoting Khalistan in India; PIL filed in Delhi HC