Srinagar, Sep 15 (ANI): Under 19 Kashmiri girls hit the pitch of first ever inter district cricket tournament, an effort by authorities to boost the sport among women of the state. The ongoing tournament garnered an overwhelming response from girls in the state who went through a regular training and practice sessions to perform well in the matches. The matches are held at Government College for Women in Srinagar city. The girls participating in the matches said they are excited about the event as it encourages them to take active part in sports and work hard to strengthen their will power.
Sep 15, 2013
Kochi/ New Delhi, Sep 14 (ANI): Former Indian fast bowler S Sreesanth on Saturday said he is disappointed with the life ban on him on spot-fixing charges by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila, team mates in the IPL franchise Rajasthan Royals, were arrested in May by Delhi police on suspicion of spot-fixing in the cash-rich Indian Premier League Twenty20 tournament. The BCCI immediately suspended the three players and subsequently launched its own investigation. Police charged the three bowlers of taking money to concede a pre-determined number of runs in three different IPL matches.
Sep 14, 2013
Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Saturday rewarded the nation's football team with cash and free apartments after winning their first trophy -- and piled extra gifts on their heroic goalkeeper. Duration: 00:37
Sep 14, 2013
New Delhi, Sep 13 (ANI): S Sreesanth who is reportedly been found guilty of spot-fixing during the Indian Premier League, along with Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan, said on Friday that hw would never go against the spirit of the game and that he is hopeful that the BCCI will support him. Sreesanth remained hopeful that he would be allowed to pay cricket again and also thanked his fans for their support.
Sep 13, 2013
In front of a crowd of nearly 2,000 at Damascus' Tishrin Stadium, Al-Wahda football club defeated the Syrian army team in extra time, to win the Syria Cup. For some in the stands, the match was simply a chance to get out and relax, while US President Barack Obama and his allies mull military strikes against President Bashar al-Assad's regime for alleged chemical attacks. Duration: 01:32
Sep 11, 2013
Euphoria in the streets of Kabul after football victory
Sep 11, 2013
New Delhi, Sep 10 (ANI): Rafael Nadal claimed his second US Open title and 13th Grand Slam crown by defeating world number one Novak Djokovic 6-2, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 in a lung-busting, big-hitting final. Nadal described beating Djokovic as "amazing", having come back from a serious knee injury earlier in the year. Nadal___s win also earned him a total of $3.6 million, which takes his career earnings through the $60 million mark and also edged him closer to Roger Federer's record of 17 majors and put him one behind Pete Sampras.
Sep 10, 2013
- Bishop Mulakkal taken for reconstruction of crime scene
- Indian govt develops own game app in bid to counter rising cyber crimes against children
- TN actor and MLA Karunas arrested for controversial remarks on CM Palaniswami, deputy Panneerselvam
- Rajasthan elections 2018: Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra quits BJP; says 'choosing the lotus was a mistake'
- Mann Kaur: 102-year-old 'miracle' woman throws mean javelin, eyes more athletics medals
- Pakistani fan who sang Indian national anthem to wear shirt made of flags at Asia Cup Super Four match
- Why India lost the Test series in England? Rahul Dravid has the answer
- Laver Cup 2018 tennis live stream: Europe vs World TV guide, schedule and results
- Asia Cup 2018: Jadeja leaves Pietersen, Laxman awestruck with match-winning show on ODI comeback