Watch Indian Super League Match 16 Online: Delhi Dynamos vs NorthEast United FC Free Live Streaming Information
Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Confident of Beating Arsenal to the Signature of French Defender
ISL News: Elano Refuses to Take Credit for Chennaiyin's Thumping Win, While Reid Slams Mumbai City's 'Poor Defending'
Video Shrewsbury Town vs Chelsea: Match Highlights: Blues Progress to Fifth Round of Capital One Cup Courtsey Late Own Goal
New Delhi, Oct 29 (ANI): Sports stars hailed Modi government's initiative of better training programme for athletes ahead of Olympic Games in a bid to enhance their performance to bag more medals for the country. The Sports Ministry has decided to start a "Target Mission Olympic Podium Scheme", an initiative promoted by National Sports Development fund to identify sports personnel and train them for Rio de Janeiro 2016 and Tokyo 2020 Olympics and other major sporting events up to 2020 games. Appreciating the government's plan, Cricketer Rahul Dravid said the initiative will not only encourage the sportspersons but will also play a major role in increasing the medal tally of India in the future events. Olympian boxer Mary Kom said she being part of the planning committee would help in structuring a better programme for sportspersons, which would in turn help to boost their performance on the international platforms.
Oct 29, 2014
31 minutes ago
- Ashoke Dinda infuriated by RCB's reference to 'Dinda Academy', lashes out on Instagram
- CSK vs MI: Dream 11 and MPL Fantasy tips, live stream, preview and predicted XI
- Who is Beuran Hendricks, Mumbai Indians' replacement for Alzarri Joseph?
- MS Dhoni - India's greatest finisher and a mystery even a movie could not unravel
- Shikhar Dhawan mocks R Ashwin; responds to 'Mankad' warning with a bizarre dance [Video]