Five people were killed and 11 others injured in over 10 shootings within 12 hours on 25 January in Chicago. Those shot were aged from 16 to 56, with several survivors in critical condition at hospital. The burst of shootings came after no one had been reported shot in the city for 33 hours; through most of the day on 24 January in to the following day. In the past year, Chicago has implemented several measures to cope with shooting crimes, including deploying more police officers to patrol and capture illegal guns.
Jan 27, 2016
Video from a wildlife documentary production company captures the world as seen through the eyes of an eagle in flight. The video from Terra Mater Film Studios, was created by mounting a camera on an eagle, named Alexander the Great, as it flew through Kulm, Austria, the company said. The flight occurred during the Ski Flying World Championships held between 14-16 January, and the ramps and pavilions of the event can be seen below the bird before it lands.
Jan 27, 2016
- Mountain collapses in Russia: Conspiracy theorists put forward UFO crash possibilities
- Paris explosion: Casualties feared after huge blast at bakery
- Theresa May suffers severe defeat over Brexit deal, opposition calls no-confidence vote
- Sacked CBI director Alok Verma resigns, says natural justice denied
- Indonesian woman scientist eaten up by a crocodile who jumped an 8-foot wall