Businessman Donald Trump inched closer to the US Republican presidential nomination after easily outdistancing his rivals in the Nevada caucus on 23 February, giving him his third win in four early nominating contests. Broadcast networks called the state for Trump almost immediately after voting ended, with the state Republican Party confirming the victory soon after. With returns still being tabulated, Senator Marco Rubio of Florida was in second place, with Ted Cruz, a Senator from Texas, coming in third.
Feb 24, 2016
Bank of England Governor Mark Carney said on 23 February the central bank was not making judgments about the outcome of Britains referendum on European Union membership, but noted moves in sterling since the date of the vote was set.
Feb 23, 2016
- UFO comes out of volcano and hovers in Mexican skies; alien enthusiasts in a frenzy
- Michel extradited in exchange for Princess Latifa, did India-UAE have a swap deal?
- Threat to India as China surpasses all other nations in key military technology
- Mountain collapses in Russia: Conspiracy theorists put forward UFO crash possibilities
- Paris explosion: Casualties feared after huge blast at bakery