Strangled by wire noose, brutally tortured or poisoned: Dogs killed and sold as satay chicken to tourists in Bali [VIDEO]
Each year, more than a million wildebeest migrate through Africas Serengeti Mara Ecosystem, and while crossing the Kenyan reach of the Mara River, thousands drown. On average, 6,200 wildebeest succumb each year during migration. It might seem tragic, but these drownings are essential to the ecology of the river, since they deliver terrestrial nitrogen, phosphorus, and carbon to the rivers food web. Fish and scavengers feast on soft tissues, while wildebeest bones release nutrients into the system,feeding algae and influencing the food web.
Jun 20, 2017
The family of Otto Warmbier announced on Monday (19 June) that the American student who was recently freed from detention in North Korea, died. The 22-year-old University of Virginia student had been in a coma since he returned from Pyongyang, where he was held for 17 months.US President Donald Trump denounced North Korea as a brutal regime following the death of Warmbier.Warmbier traveled to the reclusive state as a tourist in January 2016 and as he was leaving, he was arrested for allegedly stealing a political propaganda sign from a hotel in Pyongyang. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison with hard labour after a televised tearful public confession.
Jun 20, 2017
- Chinese propaganda hits new low; 'repugnant' tweet irks Aussie PM, no remorse
- Bengaluru trio made Rs 7.5 crore by leasing out rented properties; held
- UK approves Pfizer-BioNTech COVID vaccine, first in the world; rollout next week | Details inside
- 'Focus on Canada': Indians tell Justin Trudeau over his Farmers protest misplaced concern
- Urmila Matondkar joins Shiv Sena, says 'Impressed by Thackeray's handling of Covid crisis'