Philippine Police Chief Ronald Dela Rosa addresses more than a thousand drug users who surrendered to authorities and tells them to kill drug lords and burn down their houses. His comment drew criticisms from human rights advocates and he later apologised at a news conference on Friday 26 August, saying he was only drawn by his emotions after seeing the faces of the drug users.More than 1,900 people have been killed in Dutertes war on drugs since he came to power seven weeks ago, according to police figures.
Aug 27, 2016
- Devastating earthquake could jolt the planet this weekend, researcher warns authorities
- How did Sachin Pilot and Sara Abdullah meet? A love story that goes beyond religion and politics
- Indian supermarket chain in UAE shuts; staff, suppliers left in the lurch
- Upcoming Blood Moon in January could mark beginning of apocalypse, claims Christian pastor
- Mysterious UFO spotted near SpaceX dragon before interruption in live feed