Evening wrap: Sushma Swaraj in hospital, SBI writes off Kingfisher Airlines loans, Zareen Khan in hot avatar and more
Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders joined a group of protesters demonstrating against the North Dakota Access Pipeline in Washington DC on 15 November.The day was marked nationally as a Day of Action, with many protesters using the #NoDAPLDayofAction hashtag in one of the largest coordinated efforts against the pipeline since construction began. Outspoken in his opposition to the pipeline, on the same day Sanders – in response to the 8 November whirlwind victory – tweeted at President-elect Donald Trump: “We are not going silently into the night. The stakes are too high for the future of this planet.”
Nov 16, 2016
Demonetisation: Sitaram Yechury says prime minister is 'Modi Antoinette', but is historically inaccurate
Angry Greek demonstrators clashed with riot police in Athens on 15 November after protest rallies against US President Barack Obamas visit to the country. About 7,000 people protested over the US stance on the war in Syria, US-Turkey relations and the election of Donald Trump and his views on immigrants. Obama, who will be succeeded in January by Trump, was in Greece on his last trip to Europe as president.
Nov 16, 2016
- Burqa-clad women casting fake votes for BJP, says BSP candidate Kunwar Danish Ali
- Mangaluru City Police readies 1,500 boxes with daily essentials for cops on election duty
- Twitter withholds Yogi Adityanath's tweets calling Muslim League a 'green virus'
- Poll official searches PM Modi's chopper, suspended by Election Commission
- Raped, burnt and hung on tree: Raichur rattled by engineering student's brutal murder