Fisherman Johny Ronsijns was rescued after clinging onto his boat for 11 hours after it capsized in the English Channel on 27 December. Another man died after being rescued and a third is still missing. It is yet unclear what caused the boat to capsize.
Dec 30, 2016
At least nine miners have been killed after a mine collapsed at a coalfield in Jharkhand, India, on 29 December. A heap of mud caved in at the entry point of the mine, police said. Dozens of people are thought to be trapped, but the exact numbers are not known. The mine is run by state-owned Coal India Limitied.
Dec 30, 2016
FBI's 10 Most Wanted: Terry A D Strickland has been called a 'cold blooded' killer; here is why he tops the list
News Roundup: PM Modi launches Aadhaar-based app, Russian bank clears debts of crash victims, 2016 at a glance and more
- Jharkhand man forced to chant Jai Shri Ram, beaten to death by mob
- 'Rape victims don't need to approach courts for abortion,' says Madras High Court
- What is J&K reservation? Amit Shah to present his 1st bill in Lok Sabha
- Will cut those who ask questions: PMK chief threatens journalists in Chennai
- Cochin shopping mall on high alert as ISIS plans deadly attack in India: Intel inputs