Haiti, one of the poorest countries in the world, was battered by Hurricane Matthew, the strongest storm over the Atlantic since 2007. Matthew made landfall in Haiti on 4 October. The countrys death toll is over 1,000. To compound the impact of the disaster, Cholera has broken out – a bacterial disease spread by contaminated water.
Oct 10, 2016
Morning Brief: Second US presidential debate, British model arrested for ties to Isis, $37 phone from Intex and more
- Mountain collapses in Russia: Conspiracy theorists put forward UFO crash possibilities
- Kumaraswamy govt in Karnataka faces no threat from BJP, assures HD Deve Gowda
- Kolkata puppies' murder: Why hasn't animal rights activist Maneka Gandhi been more vocal?
- AAP legislator quits due to 'double standards', 'autocratic functioning'
- Jaitley flies to US for a medical check-up