Samsung Group leader Jay Y. Lee arrived at the South Korean special prosecutors office on 12 Janaury, for questioning over bribery suspicions. Lee has been embroiled as part of a widening political scandal that may permanently unseat President Park Geun-hye.Samsung gave 30 billion won (£20m, $25m), to foundations backed by Parks friend, Choi Soon-sil. It is being investigated whether that was connected to the national pension funds support for a controversial 2015 merger of Samsung C and T Corp and Cheil Industries Inc.
Jan 12, 2017
Brawls erupted as politicians from AK Party tried to prevent CHP MP, Fatma Kaplan from filming the voting session with her mobile. Politicians from two parties traded kicks and punches as acting parliament speaker adjourned the session. The fights broke out during a debate at general assembly on constitutional changes that would hand President Tayyip Erdogan sweeping new powers as an executive president.Under the reform, President Erdogan will be able to appoint and dismiss government ministers, take back the leadership of the ruling party, and govern until 2029.Erdogan and his supporters argue that Turkey needs the strong leadership of an executive presidency to prevent a return to the fragile coalition governments of the past, but opponents fear the reform will fuel authoritarianism.
Jan 12, 2017
CRPF jawan alleges discrimination between army and paramilitary forces 2 days after BSF jawan's video went viral
India launches second Scorpene-class stealth submarine INS Khanderi, as Chinese subs spotted in Pakistan harbour
- Cochin shopping mall on high alert as ISIS plans deadly attack in India: Intel inputs
- US warns India of possible cap on H-1B visas to deter data rules: Sources
- Is the sun hollow? Alien researcher spots UFO shooting out of the sun from NASA images
- Bengal man tortures mother over a property dispute, brands her 'witch'
- Egypt's Mohamed Morsi dies during court trial; Muslim Brotherhood calls for protests