Morning brief: PM Modi celebrates Diwali with soldiers, South Korean president under pressure to resign, India beat Pakistan and more
A Chinese man risked his life to save a child from the third floor. Liang Lei saw the two-year-old boy dangling out of a window with his head stuck between security bars.Liang climbed up without any safety equipment. He held on to the boy until someone inside pulled him back through the window.
Oct 30, 2016
Thousands of South Koreans called for the resignation of President Park Geun-hye during protests in Seoul. She is accused of letting a friend intervene in state affairs.Long-time confidante Choi Soon-sil is said to have been involved in editing Park’s speeches and the appointment of ministers.Park has publicly apologised. Her approval rating has fallen to 17 percent, the lowest since she took office in 2013.
Oct 30, 2016
1 day ago
- Karnataka: Engineering student commits suicide by jumping from 6th floor at NIT-K
- Flat-earthers gather for international conference even as NASA debunks their theory
- North Korea 'tests high-tech new weapon,' Kim Jong Un 'excited' about its power
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan visits UAE to seek financial assistance
- Aliens lived on Mars? UFO researcher spots fossil-like structure on NASA image