Tamil Nadu’s chief minister Jayalalithaa Jayaraman, 68, died on 5 December after suffering a cardiac arrest. The actress-turned-politician was hailed as the “iron lady” of south India. She was last seen in public on 21 September before getting admitted in the hospital for fever and dehydration.
Dec 6, 2016
The Chief Minister of the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu, Jayalalithaa Jayaram, has died at the age of 68. Also known as Amma (mother), she suffered a cardiac arrest on 4 December. She had been ailing in hospital since September. Jayalalithaa was a controversial figure with a string of corruption scandals throughout her political career. She served as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister three times.
Dec 6, 2016
INS Betwa: What could have gone wrong during the undocking of the guided missile frigate that tipped over and fell?
Los Angeles: Security beefed up at metro line near Universal studios after foreign caller warned of threat
Jayalalithaa dies at 68: Sportspersons including Saina, Sreesanth, Sehwag pay condolences on Twitter
#RIPAmma: Kerala government declares public holiday; Mohanlal, Mammootty, Dulquer, Nivin, other celebs pay tribute to Jayalalithaa
Jayalalitha dead: Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Randeep Hooda and other Bollywood celebs mourn Amma's demise
- From rise of AI to doomsday asteroid: Five possible ways world could end
- Casteism forces 17-year-old boy to carry his mother's body on cycle for 5kms in Odisha [VIDEO]
- Congress' candidate list for Kerala Lok Sabha polls to be finalised by February 20
- Who is Satyarup Siddhanta? Bengaluru techie scales the tallest mountains and volcanoes in the world
- AAP legislator quits due to 'double standards', 'autocratic functioning'