A Mexican who used to weigh 1,311 pounds will undergo bypass surgery to save his life. Juan Pedro Franco is believed to be the heaviest man in the world.The 31-year-old has already lost 385 pounds to prepare for the surgery. Battling obesity all his life, Franco hopes the surgery will allow him to live normally. He has been bed-ridden for the last seven years.Mexico is the global leader in obesity, with 35% of adolescents overweight or obese.
May 6, 2017
Kolkata Police issues directive to bar owners to keep breath analysers, spare drivers to drive drunken customers back home
Ganges Voyager II: Conde Nast Traveller lists Ganga cruise as one of six river cruises to take in 2017
A Danish beer has been brewed using 50,000 litres of human urine as fertiliser for the malting barley. It is the brewerys attempt to recycle beer urine collected at a music festival.A limited 60,000 bottles of Pisner will be sold in Demark. The final product does not contain any urine itself. The beer is said to have a light and refreshing taste.
May 6, 2017
- Surrogacy bill 2019: Discussion in Rajya Sabha remains inconclusive
- After Mexico, US deports 150 Indians for illegally trying to enter America
- Bengali actress-turned-MP Nusrat Jahan discharged from ICU, family dismisses 'drug overdose' rumours
- Will diplomatic tensions between India-Malaysia affect HAL's offer to sell Tejas jet?
- Sharad Pawar-PM Modi to meet in Parliament amid Maharashtra logjam