Early projections indicate Centrist Emmanuel Macron and far-right leader Marine Le Pen are set to face each other in a 7 May runoff for the French presidency.
Apr 24, 2017
MCD Elections 2017 round-up: Low voter turnout may help BJP; AAP complains of EVM malfunctions and missing names
The polls have opened for the first round of the French presidential election. More than 47 million people are eligible to cast vote in the closely-contested election.Far-right Le Pen, the conservative Fillion, far-left Mélenchon and liberal centrist Macron are seen as frontrunners. Candidates must win more than 50% of votes to become president. If there is no winner, the two candidates with the most votes will face each other in a second round on 7 May.On Saturday, French expats began the voting abroad outside of France. The results of the election are expected to be confirmed at around midnight.
Apr 23, 2017
BJP MLA leads rampage on police in Agra, a day after new UP DGP Sulkhan Singh promises action against goondaism
To celebrate Earth Day 2017, Nasa has released a video with the best footage taken by cameras on the International Space Station.Sit back and relax as stunning views of mountains, rivers and deserts glide past, filmed from high above the clouds.
Apr 23, 2017
- Jharkhand man forced to chant Jai Shri Ram, beaten to death by mob
- 'Rape victims don't need to approach courts for abortion,' says Madras High Court
- What is J&K reservation? Amit Shah to present his 1st bill in Lok Sabha
- Will cut those who ask questions: PMK chief threatens journalists in Chennai
- Cochin shopping mall on high alert as ISIS plans deadly attack in India: Intel inputs