The next general election in the UK is not due until 2020, and thanks to the 2011 Fixed-Term Parliament Act it has become more difficult than ever before for a prime minister to call a so-called snap election. IBTimes UK looks at the process of calling an early vote, and at just what would have to happen for Theresa May’s government to trigger a general election in 2017.
Mar 20, 2017
Beef ban in UP and Uttarakhand imminent? Allahabad slaughterhouses closed; Trivendra Singh Rawat backs law to protect cows
US President Donald Trump on 19 March, criticised North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, saying he was acting very, very badly. Trump was speaking to reporters while departing his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, where he spent the weekend. His comments come two days after he accused China of doing too little to help curb Pyongyangs weapons drive.
Mar 20, 2017
Yogi Adityanath's journey begins: 5 former UP chief ministers he can keep in mind as he assumes office
Is Rahul Gandhi a goner now? Chidambaram wants THIS politician to lead a united Opposition against the BJP
Maharashtra doctors go on mass leave: Here are the 3 attacks on medical staff by patients' kin that led to the strike
- Nibiru or Sun's reflection? Red second Sun glowing behind clouds sparks imminent apocalypse fear
- SC verdict on plea to debar 'criminals' from electoral politics on Tuesday
- 3 UFOs spotted in the night sky of New Jersey, triggering row over origin
- Fake News? Time traveler claims future US president was born a week ago, but where?
- Kerala nun rape case: Bishop Franco Mulakkal hospitalised after complaining of chest pain