A bombing at a shopping mall during an amateur boxing match in Leyte province, the Philippines, wounded 33 people on 29 December. It is the second attack on a public place in less than a week where no one has claimed responsibility. A mortar round was remotely detonated by a mobile phone. It followed a Christmas Eve grenade explosion outside a Catholic church that wounded 16 people on the southern island of Mindanao, a Muslim-dominated region where a long-running insurgency is being fought. Police said there was no indication the two attacks were linked.
Dec 29, 2016
US Secretary of State John Kerry laid out his plans for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on 28 December. In a speech just weeks before the Obama administration hands over power to President-elect Donald Trump, Kerry gave a strong speech criticising both Palestine and Israel in the conflict, especially Israels settlement expansion policy. The US Secretary of State also defended the decision to allow for the passage of a U.N. resolution demanding an end to Israeli settlements.
Dec 29, 2016
- Poland vs Senegal: Fifa World Cup 2018 live stream, TV listings and predicted line-ups
- Fifa World Cup 2018: Southgate delighted for Kane as England make winning start to campaign
- iPhone SE 2 launch canceled? New leak hints at no 4-inch iPhone this year
- Find Google's targeted ads invasive? Here's how to turn it off
- Barack Obama's satanic image goes viral: Are Illuminati and Antichrist real?
- Tollywood sex racket gets murkier as 3 actresses questioned, fake letter heads used to invite stars
- Who is Modugumudi Kishan? The mastermind behind Tollywood sex racket in Chicago
- Tollywood sex racket: 2 top south actresses named in Chicago scandal involving Indian-origin couple
- Tesla layoff ordeal: Employees were caught off-guard by vague midnight mail