Tens of thousands of women marched through cities in Venezuela to protest President Nicolás Maduro.The protesters called for peace after weeks of violent protests in the country. At least 37 people have died in anti-Maduro protests since early April.Protesters call for the presidential election to be moved forward from 2018 opposition activists to be freed and humanitarian aid from abroad.Maduro plans to set up a constituent assembly with extended powers to control the crisis-hit country.
May 7, 2017
Polls have opened for the second round of the French presidential election. Centrist Emmanuel Macron stands against anti-immigrant far-right candidate Marine Le Pen. Preliminary results will be announced at 7pm GMT.Tight security is meant to protect the 67,000-odd polling stations from possible terrorist attacks.A day before the election hackers leaked a number of documents from Macrons campaign staff. Election officials warned media to not publish the leaked data to avoid influencing the election.
May 7, 2017
The Shadow Home Secretary also rebuffed the idea that disappointing local election results mean the upcoming general election on 8 June is done and dusted.
May 5, 2017
AAP's Kapil Mishra drops bomb against Arvind Kejriwal, says saw Delhi CM take Rs. 2 crore from Satyendar Jain
BJP leaders missed the bus: Celebrating Tagore's birthday on Twitter two days before D-Day won't hit the target
North Korea has accused the US and South Korea of planning to assassinate its leader. The regime claims a biochemical attack on Kim Jong-un was planned for a military parade on 15 April.No proof for the claims was given but North Korea said it will take anti-terrorism striking actions as a reaction. North Korean agents recently used a nerve agent to murder Kim Jong-uns estranged brother Kim Jong-nam.
May 6, 2017
North Korea to launch Korean-style attacks on US and Seoul spy agencies over Kim Jong-un murder plot
Vince Cable stated the Liberal Democrats enjoyed a positive outcome in the local elections after being quite badly damaged in the coalition years. Mr Cable described the Conservatives and Ukip as effectively the same and insisted that if voters want an alternative we are it.
May 5, 2017
- Rajasthan Assembly election: Congress set to form govt with majority, says Sachin Pilot
- Nissan Kicks SUV: Interior, engine specifications and bookings details revealed
- Chhattisgarh landslide: How did BJP lose their seat of power after three straight terms?
- Kashmiri militant, who was neutralised during Mujgund encounter, cameoed in Vishal Bhardwaj's Haider
- Chhattisgarh CM: Here are the front-runners as Congress chooses next leader (VIDEO)
- Is Pawan Kalyan's friend hiding after Congress' failure in Telangana elections?
- Thousands of women from Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam trafficked and sold as brides in China
- From luxury yachts to fancy watches, Vijay Mallya no longer owns fabled assets