U.S. President Donald Trump says hes been treated the most unfairly of any politician in history by the media. He made the comments in a speech at the US Coast Guard commencement on 17 May, after a week of scandals at the White House following his firing of FBI Director James Comey and increasing calls for an independent probe of possible collusion between his 2016 campaign and Russia.
May 18, 2017
Protesters flooded Sao Paulos Avenida Paulista on the evening of 17 May after Brazilian newspaper Globo reported secret recordings linked President Michel Temer to a corruption scandal. Protesters called for Temers impeachment after Globo reported that two businessman had shared a recording of Temer allegedly approving payments to buy the silence of former lower house Speaker Eduardo Cunha with prosecutors.
May 18, 2017
The US Ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley, on Tuesday (16 May) urged countries to decide whether they support North Korea or oppose its nuclear and missile ambitions. Speaking ahead of an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council following Pyongyangs latest missile test on 14 May, Haley vowed to call out states backing the reclusive state. She suggested that some countries were failing to adhere to UN-imposed sanctions and warned she would target them with sanctions for supporting the Kim Jong-un regimes missile programme.
May 17, 2017
In an unexpected turn of events on Tuesday (May 16), following a vital meeting between Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and US President Donald Trump in Washington, two groups of protesters clashed outside the Turkish embassy. Altercations broke out between pro-Erdogan and Kurdish supporters outside the Turkish ambassadors official residence in the US capital. The two groups were carrying their respective flags and placards, shouting slogans outside the embassy. Footage from the Armenian National Committee of America showed policemen trying to intervene and stop the violence. The situation was reportedly brought under control after a reinforcement team reached the spot.
May 17, 2017
Trinamool Congress wins Mirik civic poll: Mamata's politics of mobility has outsmarted GJM in Darjeeling hills
15 hours ago
- Selena Gomez birthday: What's The Weeknd's plan for the former flame?
- Why do people believe outlandish conspiracy theories and obvious hoaxes?
- End of the road for Julian Assange? Embassy planning to withdraw asylum
- Xiaomi Mi A2, A2 Lite Global Launch: Quick facts on upcoming Android One series phones
- After saying women shouldn't pluck and shape eyebrows, Darul Uloom issues fatwa against waxing and shaving
- UFO researcher spots bizarre flying object in the skies, and it is not meteor
- Manipur University standoff: Students and staff relentless in agitation against Vice Chancellor
- Bengaluru student accuses Bigg Boss 11 contestant Bandgi Kalra of cheating him via fake iPhone X ad on Instagram
- Passports of 8 NRI husbands cancelled for dumping their wives