Protesters who didnt believe in either of the candidates in the French presidential election took to the streets on 7 May to voice their frustration in having to vote for someone they did not support. The victory for Emmanuel Macron over Marine Le Pen comes amid one of the lowest turnouts in recent French history with 25% of voters abstaining.
May 8, 2017
Aam Aadmi Party's failure is not a political tragedy; it's a blow to India's quest for alternative politics
Emmanuel Macron to become youngest president of France: French defy anti-immigration sentiments that fuelled Brexit and Donald Trump election
President elect Macrons first speech after results.
May 8, 2017
AAP denies Mishra's allegations against Kejriwal even as Congress, BJP demand Delhi CM's resignation
Tens of thousands of women marched through cities in Venezuela to protest President Nicolás Maduro.The protesters called for peace after weeks of violent protests in the country. At least 37 people have died in anti-Maduro protests since early April.Protesters call for the presidential election to be moved forward from 2018 opposition activists to be freed and humanitarian aid from abroad.Maduro plans to set up a constituent assembly with extended powers to control the crisis-hit country.
May 7, 2017
Polls have opened for the second round of the French presidential election. Centrist Emmanuel Macron stands against anti-immigrant far-right candidate Marine Le Pen. Preliminary results will be announced at 7pm GMT.Tight security is meant to protect the 67,000-odd polling stations from possible terrorist attacks.A day before the election hackers leaked a number of documents from Macrons campaign staff. Election officials warned media to not publish the leaked data to avoid influencing the election.
May 7, 2017
The Shadow Home Secretary also rebuffed the idea that disappointing local election results mean the upcoming general election on 8 June is done and dusted.
May 5, 2017
AAP's Kapil Mishra drops bomb against Arvind Kejriwal, says saw Delhi CM take Rs. 2 crore from Satyendar Jain
- Is Rishi Kapoor starrer Mulk funded by Dawood Ibrahim? Director Anubhav Sinha explains in open letter
- iPhones in India hit by dangerous malware: All you need to know
- Bercy Les Bleus: Paris renames metro stations to honour World Cup-winning French football team
- Massive discounts on iPhones in India will be a thing of past: Here's why
- Delhi air hostess allegedly jumps off terrace, dowry death case filed after family claims she was murdered
- No second chance: Trump further tightens H-1B visa rules
- Here's why Elon Musk is calling a Thai cave rescuer a paedophile
- Madhur Bhandarkar hits out at Rahul Gandhi for his comment on Sacred Games' controversy
- Delhi-like mass suicide in Jharkhand's Hazaribagh? Family of 6 found dead