Rice flour - 1 cup
A pinch of Salt
Hot Water - 1 cup
A little Water
Jaggery - 1 cup
Grated fresh Coconut - 1 cup
A few Cardamom pods
1. To make the dough, add salt to rice flour and knead a dough with hot water.
2. For the filling: take a little water in a pot, and add jaggery to it and let it melt. After it melts, strain the jaggery syrup to remove impurities.
3. Add the coconut to the strained jaggery syrup. Pound some fresh cardamom and add it.
4. Cook it till all the moisture evaporates and it reaches a thick consistency. Let is cool.
5. Take a little dough and make a round ball by rolling it. Grease your palm, either with ghee or oil.
Flatten the dough, place some filling in the center and close it from all sides sealing it. It should look like a dumpling.
6. Make a bunch of these, place it in the steamer and steam the modak for about 10-15 minutes.
Remove from steamer and serve.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Aug 28, 2014
A good workout includes working all parts of your body in a routine. Here is the second part of the body workout which includes a leg workout as well.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/VentunoFitness
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ventunofitness
A Ventuno Production http://www.ventunotech.com
Aug 26, 2014
- Keto diet: The 4 most common myths busted
- Trapped by gravity? Super-Earth aliens could be imprisoned in their own planets
- What does your handshake say? Experts reveal secrets behind grip's strength
- Yellowstone supervolcano might not erupt anytime soon, says new research
- One of the darkest planets ever observed eats 99% of nearby starlight