Former British number one Andrew Castle said on 18 January that he could see how there could be a temptation to match-fix in lower ranked tennis tournaments. Big financial incentives for gamblers, small tournaments of little consequence to top players and the ease of fixing the outcome of a one-on-one sport have helped turn world tennis into a haven for match-fixers, according to experts and industry insiders. Tennis was rocked by allegations that the games authorities have failed to deal with widespread match-fixing, just as the Australian Open, the first grand slam tournament of the year, kicked off in Melbourne.
Jan 18, 2016
Stoke City manager Phil Hughes has hit out at Arsene Wenger for suggesting that the Potters approached their game against Arsenal very directly, reminiscent of the past, when a trip to the Britannia meant that the Gunners were under the cosh from the outset owing to the physicality deployed by the hosts. The Gunners have won only one in their last seven outings away to Stoke, suggesting how difficult it has been for Wengers men to come away with three points from this fixture.
Jan 18, 2016
Video Liverpool vs Manchester United highlights: Watch as Wayne Rooney gives Red Devils narrow win over rivals
Liverpool vs Manchester United screening: First of its kind with Dwight Yorke and Quinton Fortune in Bangalore
- How much do David Warner and Sunil Narine earn in IPL? Whopping numbers revealed
- Andre Russell and Shubman Gill pull off miracle for KKR; Twitter goes crazy
- After Rafael Nadal, Nick Kyrgios insults umpire; uses the F word, calls him a disgrace
- Sultan Azlan Shah Cup 2019: Hockey live stream, India fixtures, preview and TV listing
- Rajasthan Royals vs Kings XI Punjab: live streaming, playing XI, preview and TV listings