Science & Health
Lying 4700 meters above sea level on the Tibetan plateau is Namsto Lake. It is held as holy by the regions Tibetan population and every year thousands of pilgrims walk around its shores. As one of the largest lakes on the plateau, Namsto is fed partly by run off from the regions glaciers, which also acts as a store of water for the surrounding grasslands, experts have said.
Nov 25, 2015
The United Nations said on Wednesday (25 November) that 2015 is set to be the warmest year on record, and 2016 could be hotter, warning that inaction on climate change could see temperatures rise by 6C or more.
Nov 25, 2015
A Scottish company has developed a commercial scale method of producing biofuel capable of fuelling cars from the unwanted residue of the whisky fermentation process. Edinburgh-based Celtic Renewables developed its process of producing biobutanol at industrial scale in Belgium and was recently awarded a Â£11m ($16.7m) grant by the British government to build a bespoke facility of its own in central Scotland.
Nov 23, 2015
Saifuddin Soz's comment on Kashmir's independence draws flak from BJP, Congress says not party's viewpoint8 hours ago
- Woman notices a lump moving around her face and you cannot imagine what it was
- Mars storm update - NASA upgrades it to 'Planet Encircling'; Spells doom for Opportunity rover
- A fly-over tour to Mars is the 'next best thing'? Take a look
- Can't live without video games? Beware, you may be suffering from 'gaming disorder'
- Yoga and meditation may lead to an inflated ego, study says