Science & Health
A swiftly spreading wildfire roared unchecked through Simi Valley, California, NBC said on Wednesday (11 November). The so-called Brush Fire, is among scores of blazes that have ravaged the drought-stricken western United States this summer, came amid what California fire officials described as unheard of fire behaviour this season.
Nov 12, 2015
Less than a week after a pair of eruptions, Mexicos Colima or Fire volcano pulled of the feat again Tuesday (10 November) morning, as its period of activity continues.
Nov 11, 2015
Climate change is a touchy subject in Champagne, because as France prepares to host world leaders for talks on how to slow it next month, producers of the regions famous sparkling wine have seen only benefits from global warming so far. The 1.2C increase in temperatures in the region over the past 30 years has reduced frost damage. It has also added 1% in the level of alcohol and reduced acidity, making it easier to comply with strict production rules, according to Champagne makers group CIVC.
Nov 10, 2015
Greenhouse gas levels in the atmosphere reached a record high in 2014 as the relentless fuelling of climate change makes the planet more dangerous for future generations, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) said on Monday (9 November).
Nov 9, 2015
Australia: Time-lapse video shows dramatic shelf storm descending over Sydney
Nov 6, 2015
Global warming: UN says gas emissions pledges are not enough
Nov 6, 2015
2 hours ago
- Fifa World Cup 2018 live stream: Watch Japan, Poland Group H matches on TV, online
- Royal family upset with Meghan Markle over her father's surprise interview?
- "What's the problem if a widow gets remarried?" says Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
- Netflix dismissed chief PR officer Jonathan Friedland for using N-word
- Final images and videos from the Rosetta mission show what it is like to crash on a comet
- Blood Moon: July 27 total lunar eclipse will be the longest one of the 21st century
- City Killers? NASA gears up as more than a million asteroids pose threat to Earth
- Are we the only intelligent species in observable universe? Possibly, says new research
- How cancer progresses? New tech can map it real-time