This development is bad news for Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is keen to get banks lending more to stimulate the economy and create more jobs ahead of an election due by May this year.
Jan 28, 2019
Many PSBs including Bank of India, Dena Bank and Punjab National Bank are aggressively selling their bad loan to clean up their balance sheet.
Jan 24, 2019
The NSE Midcap Index has closed at a five-week low and is beginning to witness broad-based selling. Nifty on the other hand has been able to eke out gains based on a select few bluechip stocks.
Jan 20, 2019
China is expected to report on Monday that economic growth cooled to its slowest in 28 years in 2018 amid weakening domestic demand and bruising U.S. tariffs, adding pressure on Beijing to roll out more support measures to avert a sharper slowdown.
Jan 20, 2019
- Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt twinning in pink at Soni Razdan's birthday bash [see pics]
- Pankaj Tripathi misses favourite Dussehra tradition due to COVID-19; fans can relate
- Bigg Boss 14: Wildcard contestants Kavita Kaushik, Naina Singh and Shardul Pandit indulge in war of words (watch)
- Mirzapur 2 controversy: MP Anupriya Patel demands ban on web series; here's why
- Jeff Bezos vs Mukesh Ambani: Battle royale for India's retail crown
- Flipkart to buy 8% stake in Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail for $203.78 million
- 'Thank you, Aditya Puri, for 25 glorious years': HDFC pays grand tribute to outgoing boss
- CONCEIVED, STRIVED, CONQUERED: A boy from a town to the crown
- Wahid Badami's Marvans Mobile online store serving customers across the country now