The US economy is on a solid course and still on track to warrant further interest rate hikes, Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said on 7 April.
Apr 8, 2016
International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde turned up the volume on her calls for stronger action by the worlds economies to boost growth, warning that downside risks were increasing without decisive action. In a speech at Frankfurts Goethe University on 5 April, Lagarde prescribed specific moves, including for the United States to raise its minimum wage, for Europe to improve job training and for emerging economies to cut fuel subsidies and boost social spending. She said recovery from the 2007-2009 global financial crisis remains too slow, too fragile and risks to its durability are increasing.
Apr 5, 2016
4 minutes ago
- Saifuddin Soz's comment on Kashmir's independence draws flak from BJP, Congress says not party's viewpoint
- Yamaha YZF-R15 Version 3.0 MotoGP edition India launch soon
- Are we the only intelligent species in observable universe? Possibly, says new research
- Yo-yo test is here to stay: Ravi Shastri clarifies Team India's stand amid growing criticism
- Plans to sell Air India shelved, government looks at improving profits
- Blood on his hands: 'Fugitive' Mallya paid London staffers, but not those based in India, say Kingfisher employees
- Chanda Kochhar exit: This is how ICICI Bank board edged out 'aggressive, defiant' CEO
- Sistema exits Reliance Communications; sells its 10 percent stake
- Trump's trade war heats up with tariffs imposed by EU, India