Philippine Police Chief Ronald Dela Rosa addresses more than a thousand drug users who surrendered to authorities and tells them to kill drug lords and burn down their houses. His comment drew criticisms from human rights advocates and he later apologised at a news conference on Friday 26 August, saying he was only drawn by his emotions after seeing the faces of the drug users.More than 1,900 people have been killed in Dutertes war on drugs since he came to power seven weeks ago, according to police figures.
Aug 27, 2016
Sheena Bora murder case: Tapes reveal cover-up by Indrani and Peter Mukerjea in Sheena's disappearance
- Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena announces 3rd list for Lok Sabha elections in Andhra Pradesh
- WATCH: Srinagar's SMHS Hospital leaves terminal cancer patient without stitches after surgery
- Bus driver in Italy abducts 51 children, sets vehicle on fire to protest against immigration policy
- Unbelievable! Hundreds of hotel guests in S Korea were being secretly filmed, live-streamed
- Researcher claims alien spaceship visited ISS, says NASA is involved in cover-up